Twitter Updates

information

Summary of our Board Meeting on 06 February 2014

Here is a summary of what has been discussed:
  • Improved visibility vertical exits: We approached the OMT on this and are waiting for a reply.
  • New OJTI concept: Viktor is involved as OJTI officer and EGATS board member. However the progress is rather slow at the moment.
  • Formation flights: We will push again for an ad-interim solution, since nothing has happened so far.

Summary of our Board Meeting on 16 December 2013

Dear members,

Here is a summary of what has been discussed:

Improvement of E-brief

Our input was much appreciated and the board will continue to make suggestions how to improve certain briefing items.

Improvement of visibility vertical exits

With more and more airliners working with automated flight planning systems the number of vertical exits is raising as well. However those vertical exits are very hard to spot for the ATCOs, therefore EGATS will encourage improving the visibility of such vertical exits.

Board composition

Summary of our Board Meeting on 04 November 2013

Here is a summary of what has been discussed:

• Re-organization of training section: After a quiet summer there is some movement again. The Deco Training Officers drafted a proposal for a new concept, which is supported as well from training officers from the other sector groups. Now they wait for a reaction from management on the concept. Viktor Koren as Deco training officer is our EGATS representative following this process.

• Loss of Licence Scheme: EGATS is presently doing some research about a possible loss of licence scheme. Anybody having such an insurance privately or knows about any other provider offering it is very welcome to share her/his knowledge with us. Thanks!

Summary Board Meeting - 16 September 2013

Here is a summary of the items discussed during the last EGATS Executive Board meeting:

Re-organization of training section

More work is being done in the training section to fine-tune the concept for MUAC. The basis was the DFS training concept in Karlsruhe, which seems to be working very well and provides a high pass rate of students. TUEM is involved in the discussion as well., especially to talk about the financial aspects.

INREP

Due to Ralf Hoelscher going on pension Marinella Leone took over INREP from him. We will schedule a meeting with her to further improve the new INREP. One idea is to give quicker feedback online, instead of the slow Safety Mirror.

EGATS Report to IFATCA Regional Meeting

1.     ATS / ATFM ENVIRONMENT

1.1.         Air Traffic Statistics (until Sept. 2013)

Traffic at MUAC compared to last year decreased in the period January-March by 1,5% while from April till September increased by 3,5% probably due to a change in the route charges in the neighbouring countries which made the companies file through our airspace again.

The busiest day ever in MUAC was the 5th of July with 5152 flights and the expectation for the total number of flights for this year will get close to 1.600.000 while the average delay till September was 0,10 minutes.

Summary of our Board Meeting on 06 February 2013

AGM

Our AGM is planned for 25.03 at 20:00 in D3.13/14. We hope many of you will join! 3rd geographical area/cross training concept In the recent past there have been multiple different un-organized approaches to this. Currently EGATS and Staff committee is working on a paper together with management laying down clear guidelines and procedures for cross-training. The bad communication and organization have put cross-training in a bad light and by introducing clarity by this document we hope to create a more positive attitude towards cross training. Cross training can be beneficial for the center and have a positive push to the career of the individual ATCO, however it needs to be planned properly and communicated very clearly.

Summary of our Board Meeting on 10 December 2012

TRAINING SECTION RE-ORGANIZATION
EGATS was informed that the TOPAS project has officially been stopped, however some of the ideas will be used in the ongoing re-organization of the training section. We will ask for EGATS to be involved in the re-organization.

3rd GEOGRAPHICAL AREA/ CROSS TRAINING
We contacted management that more information needs to be provided on this topic and were informed that Ian Middleton is working on a letter to be send to the board. We will do some research as well on ICAO policies on this item. We will get back to that topic as soon as we have received the letter by our management.

VDFL

Summary Board Meeting - 03 September 2012

The total meeting lasted over 4 hours and the following topics were discussed:

Unit/Conditional Endorsement

On 1st October Bernhard and Ive will attend the PSSA. More updates will follow afterwards.

CSS

The biggest problem is that very often sectors are open with no traffic and then again you get an overload, because the staff is badly managed. Communication between CSS and staff is not improved. EGATS still feel that CSS is no improvement.

TOPAS

Ilia attended the last meeting. The plan is to have for each trainee one head-coach and a pool of 3-4 coaches. Each head-coach can be responsible only for one trainee. The idea is to save money like this, however so far TUEM was not involved to our knowledge.

CISM Annual Report

Below, you can find the annual report of the CISM peers. The value and importance of this program is recognised, both within the OPS room as outside. The report not only looks at the number of interventions, but indeed at ways of how it can be improved. For example, contacts with outside groups/experts could enhance the MUAC program.

You're encouraged to read the report. Any questions can be directed to Kirsteen Easdale, DECO Sectors.

EGATS Executive Board

President
Raffaele Vigorita
Team D3
raffaele.viggorita@egats.org
Executive Secretary/OSM
Michael Ott
Team H4
michael.ott@egats.org